Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Oh, no! As if a Mystery Squash isn't Enough. Now There Seems to be a Leopard Lily in my Garden too.

This cute little flower is blooming in my garden right now.  I planted it last year and it didn't flower then, but now it is beginning to.  It had a name tag, but I put that away in a safe place and now I can't find it.  Duh!  I think the common name is Leopard Lily or Blackberry Lily because of the black seed pods that form after blooming. 



Does anyone recognize this?  The flowers are very tiny, but it looks like an interesting plant.  Please leave a comment if you know what it is.

3 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

Sorry, don't know; but, it is mighty pretty.

Rinie said...

I have something like that
the leaf form looks the same
but it is red with black spots.
It's nearly finished blooming

Makke

em's scrapbag said...

No idea what it is, but I like it.