Thursday, May 24, 2012

Caution, Knitters and Crocheters at Large

This morning I went over to the school where my DD teaches grade 6 to spent an hour with some of her students who were interested in learning how to knit or crochet.  There were 9 of them.  I made the mistake of showing them some of the amigurumi I have made in the past.  I guess I wanted them to be excited about creating something with yarn, but I really didn't need to do that.  They were already excited and when they saw the cute little animals, they wanted to learn how to make some for themselves.  I didn't think it was possible to learn to crochet an amigurumi without first learning the basic stitches, so they had to learn a lesson in patience first.  I think that was the most difficult part of the hour.   As  you can see, they all caught on to crocheting very quickly.

 I am already looking forward to next Thursday for another hour of knitting/crocheting club.

6 comments:

wackywoman said...

How fun!!! Lucky you!

Exuberant Color said...

They will probably want to meet with you in the summer to continue the fun!

nicolette at dutchcomfort said...

That’s wonderful Hetty! A new generation of crafters is raised!

Pat said...

How nice of you to work with them!

em's scrapbag said...

Oh I wish I could come!

Simone de Klerk said...

So fun to see those girls in action. Very concentrated!