Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Brave Kitty

Mimi is home and she is doing well.  I had to take her to the dental hospital yesterday to have her teeth cleaned and perhaps have some pulled.  My DS took me over there in the morning.  I kissed Mimi and told her I would be back soon.  She was very unhappy.  A few hours later the vet phoned me and said that they had found a lot of inflammation in Mimi's throat, cheeks and under her tongue.  They wanted to do a biopsy and take some x-rays to rule out any cavities.  At 5:30pm we were able to pick her up and take her home.

She has a condition that is called Stomatitis.  It is often caused by plaque on the teeth.  Hopefully now that Mimi has had her teeth cleaned this condition will go away.  If it doesn't they will treat her with steroids because it is also sometimes thought of as an auto-immune disorder.  They sent the biopsy to the lab and will let me know what they find as soon as they get the results.  Luckily Mimi's teeth were not decayed, so she didn't have to have any pulled;

The minute she got home she demanded food, so that was a good sign.  She jumped on my bed and became her ordinary bothersome self when I tried to read and she kept sitting on my chest in front of my book - another good sign.  Today she followed the sunshine around in the solarium.  Here she is on top of the banister, 'hiding' behind the plants.  She seems happy, so that is another good sign.


Because my DS had the day off yesterday, he drove me around a bit.  There is a quilt shop in our neighbourhood that is going out of business.  Too bad, because that was the only quilt shop close enough for me to get to on my scooter.  They were having a 40% off sale on everything in the store.  So I bought myself a few metres of batiks.  When I put them on the floor to take a picture, Mimi right away came over to see what was going on - another really good sign, don't you think?


I am planning to make a New York Beauty quilt with these and other batiks that I have collected.   I love these fabrics, but I think I will not start it until after the summer.  I have to much gardening to do now.



Mimi started rolling and purring and trying to get under the fabric, so I took a piece and placed it over her like a blanket.  She loved that!





7 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Glad she is feeling better. My boy on the other hand...

Mary K said...

It always makes one happy when the furbabies are well.

She is so sweet.

Wacky Woman said...

Oh dear sweet Mimi. It all is a good sign Hetty. I had a toy poodle that was a puppy mill rescue. Over time he had to have each and every tooth pulled. He lived many years after that and I always cooked his food for him.

dutchcomfort said...

Mimi looks like her happy old self again!!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yes, it looks like Mimi is back to her old self. Pretty batiks!

KaHolly said...

Glad Mimi is okay after her ordeal! I love seeing kitties enjoying their fabric!

Simone de Klerk said...

Oh, sweet Mimi! Glad she was herself again, the minute she was home. It must have done her good after all.
Great batik buy!