Wednesday, October 03, 2012

It's Flowers on Wednesday Time!

Day 3 of Blogtoberfest.

Click on the icon on my sidebar for more information.


We had a perfect fall day yesterday.  The temperature was around 20C and the sun was warm and inviting.  I sat in my backyard and read a book.  I had wanted to do that all summer, but it was too hot to sit outside and read.  As I glanced around at my garden, I was happy to see that there is still a lot of colour out there.


I also have a section of hexies to show you.  This part goes on the top, above the basket I showed you last week.  There will be a similar section for the bottom of the quilt.  It meant that I had to make white hexies all week, but it really wasn't too boring.  Hexagons are fun to do no matter what colour they are.  I think it also has a lot to do with the layout.  Trying to figure out where the white hexies were supposed to go was an interesting challenge.



4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

After seeing all of your color I think I need to plant some nice fall blooming plants. I only have purple right now.
Your hexie quilt is going to be very striking.

Simone de Klerk said...

So many lovely colors in your garden.
What book are you reading?

Monica said...

I am very curious to see where this quilt is going! I can't figure out these borders at all, lol! I love the colours though, so I'm sure it's going to be great. :)

Bron said...

we are heading into Summer here and I am loving the same colour in our garden...so lovely to take in . xx