Sunday, April 14, 2013

One More Block

Today is Sunday and I just realized that I haven't put up a new post for a week.  We have had a very busy time.  The weather didn't cooperate either.  We had a severe storm from Wednesday evening through Saturday morning.  We had rain, ice pellets, freezing rain and snow.  It was also extremely windy.  On Friday I had to go out and retrieve our garbage can three times.

I did a lot of mending last week.  Sewed a new zipper into one of my husbands jackets.  Also finished a quilt for a friend.  She wanted to make her quilt bigger, but she did not know how to add a piece using the quilt-as-you-go method.  I tried to teach her, but I guess I was not making myself clear.  So I offered to do it for her.  I have had a couple of months to do that, and now she is coming back from Florida.  I thought I should have it ready for her.

I also worked on a few ongoing quilt tops.  And, of course, Eleanor Burns' Applique in a Day blocks.  This one is called, 'Grape Wreath'.


1 comment:

Wacky Woman said...

You do such lovely applique. Sorry to hear about your "Spring". We are living with fog these past few days.