Saturday, June 30, 2007

Crocheting by the Pool















What a beautiful summer day! The temperature was just right and there was not a cloud in the sky! I took my crocheting outside and worked on my ripple afghan for awhile. Nothing is more relaxing! The bougainvillea overhead! The water gurgling beside me! A tall, cool drink by my side! I felt as if I was on a tropical island! This is living!













My original bougainvillea did not make it through the winter last year. It succumbed to lack of watering! My fault! So I bought myself a new plant. It is fantastic! Bright pink cascading branches hanging above me! I will have to take this one inside in September and remember to water it regularly!















Yellow pansies and blue ageratum fill this huge pot! There is also some aspargus fern, a yellow flowering maple and a couple of lime-green sweet potato vines.

No comments: