Monday, February 02, 2009

I Heart Scraps

I finished a second project for this year! And it's just in time for Valentine's Day! I call this one "I Heart Scraps" because I only used scraps to make the hearts and other blocks. It is my own design and measures about 32in. by 26in. I felt like doing some paper piecing a couple of weeks ago. When I looked through my paper pieced patterns I found lots of hearts, so I started making them. Putting the whole thing together was a bit of a challenge because all the hearts were different sizes. I added a few machine appliqued hearts and some blocks with words to fill up the spaces that were left over. This quilt will hang in my DD's vestibule for the month of February.





10 comments:

Barb said...

wow....that is wonderful and your own design....you should feel proud.

the dutch purple rabbit said...

i love scraps and quilts that people make out of them.

nynke

Ruth said...

That is a gorgeous quilt! I love it! Scrap quilts are great and you did a wonderful job designing it.

Winny said...

love this one. It just seems perfect. You really have a great design concept. w

Opal said...

what a perfect way to start february! it's beautiful. :)

Cheryl said...

Hetty, I love scraps too...and you have done a spendid job indeed here in your use of them.

Barb's Blurbs said...

Beautiful piece, Hetty! And your own design! You should be very proud! Thanks for sharing.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

What a great idea, and so pretty too.

LizzieJane said...

Isn't it amazing what scraps can make. This is so lovely, you did such a wonderful job!
x

Miri said...

Very pretty scrappy Valentine's quilt-loved the words!