Friday, February 05, 2010

Feeling Sorry for Myself

I guess I'm just feeling sorry for myself right now. I had root canal work done this morning. When I got home I didn't feel too bad and decided to make up this week's Friday Block Party block. I must have been totally drugged when I put the colours together.
Now that I look at the finished block the colours are clashing so badly that I am beginning to feel sick. Combined with the clashes of pain in my jaw, I think I need to take a nap. Oh..... this block is called 'Sickle Variation'. I think I'll call mine 'Sickly Variation'. It is an 8inch block.

Oscar has been lounging in his cat bed all afternoon as I was sewing the block together. Here he is licking his tail. What kind of silly behaviour is this?

8 comments:

Rinie said...

Perfectly normal behaviour......for a cat.
So is your behaviour. Normal for somebody who had just a root canal done.
And since I don't know one block from another, I think it looks rather nice considering the cicumstances under which it took root. Did I say root? Nasty word.
But look how one square looks like the shadow of the opposite one.
I think this clever considering------well, now you may fill the space.
And you might feel sickly and I don't blame you,but the block does not.

LizzieJane said...

Oh poor Hetty. Having a root canal is never fun. I hope you will be feeling better real soon. Maybe you should go and lounge in a human bed, it seems like Oscar is very relaxed and happy.
As for your quilt block, well I think it looks fine to me. Maybe after a good nights sleep you will look at it through different eyes.
Take care Hetty,
X

Pat said...

Actually, I like the block. It might be out of your "norm" ....your comfort zone, but....it really is striking...good contrasts....very attractive! You'll like it when you are feeling better, I"m sure.

Barb said...

I like the block too...
Glad you got a root canal, soon you will be your ole chipper self again.

Vicki said...

Oscar's doing the cute kitty thing.

Hopefully you will be feeling better in a day or so and I hope the dentist gave you some good drugs to help with the pain. Just think it's now over with the exception of some healing. Take care Hetty.

the dutch purple rabbit said...

spook is not only licking on her tail but she also sucks on it. so oscar is perfect normal

nynke

Unknown said...

G'morn, Hetty ~ Hope things are settling down for your pain ...

Cute Oscar ... they do such silly things but are so entertaining.

Happy Valentine's ~
Have a beautiful week.
TTFN ~Marydon

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I hope you feel better soon. I like your block - I used the same exact green fabric on my doll quilt.