Friday, December 30, 2011

Mesdames et Messieurs.....

Presentation... du Cirque du Soleil Quidam!

My DD gave me tickets to Cirque du Soleil for Christmas.  We went to see it last night.  It was fantastic!  Dancing... live music... rope skipping... aerial acrobatics... clowns... juggling... audience participation... Chinese yo-yo skills... gymnatics... and so much more.

Quidam is French and it is said to mean no one and everyone at the same time.  The Quidam of this presentation is a headless man, carrying a bowler hat and an umbrella.  There is lots of thunder and lightening and other light and sound displays.  The singer was live and she was terrific! 


It's a story about Cloe, a young girl who is bored.  Her parents live their own lives and don't pay much attention to her.  So she dreams up a world of fantasy and imagination to keep herself amused.  Quidam is the person who sings, cries out and dreams in each of us.


 


9 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Oh wow, Hetty! That must have been amazing to see! I once saw a documentary about Cirque du Soleil at a festival in Montreal. It’s such a complete theatre form!
I hope you have a wonderful New Year’s Eve!

Barb said...

Wow!!! Glad you had a good time..

Happy New Year!!!

Wacky Woman said...

How FUN!! Happy New Year!

Pat said...

I have heard that is a fantastic show! I'm glad you had a chance to see it. Thanks for posting some photos for us!

Unknown said...

My husband and I were just talking about that show yesterday ... pretty impressive stuff those guys do ... I can hardly touch my toes!!

dutch sisters said...

Sounds like an amazing show! Happy New Year!

Latane Barton said...

I've never been but it looks like a fabulous evening. Maybe one day soon I can go to a performance.

hakucho said...

Looks like you had an amazing time. I'm sure you will cherish your memories for a long time to come :)

happy new year :)

Henk de Blaauw said...

Good you enjoyed a happy new year show. I like your cat-stories.
I have now eight growing-up kittens. So my home is a like a training camp for fortune soldiers.

Whole mankind walks on a rope high up in the human cirque. I once tried but fell down.
Amazingly I have since then a beautiful sight from the ravine!