Wednesday, January 16, 2013

An Update

I can't believe how fast time is flying by.  I am so far behind in all of my sewing, reading, housework etc.  But I want to give you a bit of an update on some of the things I am working on.  First there is the Super Heroes Quilt for my DS.

Still quite a bit to do, but it is coming along nicely.

And since it is Wednesday today, I will show you a part of my Wednesday hexie flowers.  This is one corner section.  Still have a few more white hexies before this section is completed.  Then three more to do.


And last, but not least, is an update on Mimi.  She had the rest of her teeth extracted last week.  The first night after the surgery she was a horrible sight.  She was bleeding all over the place and I could see that she was in a lot of pain.  But she is such a trooper!   A couple of days later she was feeling fine again.  Then last night she freaked me out when she came to me at 1:00am with the tube in her neck hanging out too far.  I decided not to tube feed her since it looked like the tube was not in the right place.  I gave her a plate of food and she ate all of it by mouth.  When she was finished she cleaned her face with her paw.  

Then a couple of hours later she jumped on my bed again and started purring like never before.  It was then that I realized that the tube had come out completely.  She started rolling around on the floor and scratching the carpet.  She only scratches the carpet when she is really happy.  That tube must have been bugging her.  I really think she was smiling at me.  I fed her some more food by mouth and she again ate it all.  I put a call in to the vet's office.  They are supposed to call me back, but haven't yet.  I think it is time to take the tube out anyway and let Mimi eat on her own.  Mimi is quite happy now, sleeping out in the solarium, under the Norfolk Pine that I bought at Christmas time.  


I am leaving her lampshade on for now, until the tube site in her neck has healed completely.  Watching her sleep so soundly in the solarium makes me happy.


11 comments:

Manuela said...

Your works are beautiful.
Have a nice week, Manuela

Wacky Woman said...

Loving your super heroes quilt. I am so glad to hear about Mimi. I think I told you before that my mom's toy poodle lost all his teeth and ate just fine for many years later. Hugs for Mimi.

Anonymous said...

So glad for Mimi and you.
Still keep on trying to speak to your vet about it. And let us know!
Kisses for Mimi.
Makke.

Latane Barton said...

Oh, poor little Mimi! Glad she is feeling better.

dutchcomfort said...

Oh Mimi, you are such a trooper indeed! So good to hear she’s doing well Hetty! Our furry friends are quite capable of letting us know when they feel happy!

Jossie said...

Poor poor Mimi. I am so glad things are turning out well now. I hope she forgets what she has been through.
Beautiful work Hetty. Great quilt for your son and the hexy flowers are gorgeous.

Oiyi said...

I wish Mimi a speedy recovery. Poor thing. Both my dogs went through surgery over the Summer and recovery was hard. Lots of bleeding, too.

Vicki said...

Your super hero quilt is looking really great, your DS will love it. Mimi is a real trooper. The fact that she is eating real food, purring and sleeping soundly I think is a good sign. Wishing Mimi a speedy recovery.

Simone de Klerk said...

So happy mimi showed signs of feeling well again and smiling at you (:

Anonymous said...

Dear Hetty,
Found your blog.
You wrote:
'I really think she was smiling at me'
Yes, cats can smile!
I have five smiling cats.
They smile when I unpack the shoulderham for them.
An enthousiastic exciting soundless laughing.
Love, Henk

nessa said...

Love the progress on the super heroes quilt. And glad to hear Mimi is doing well - even with the 'cone of shame' LOL