Saturday, April 05, 2014

Quilt Show

It's spring!  And if you live in the Greater Toronto Area and feel bored this weekend, what better thing to do than to come and join us at our Quilt Show.



I was over there last night to drop off my quilt and it looks like it will be a great show.  Lots of members' quilts and wall hangings, our raffle quilt,  merchant's mall and guild boutique, tea room and bake sale, guild challenge display, viewer's choice awards, door prizes and more.  It's being held at the Pickering Recreation Complex located at 1867 Valley Farm Road in Pickering.

I did not take a photo of my quilt before I put into the show, but tomorrow I will be manning the admissions desk and I will have a chance to look around and take some photos.  I'll post them on Monday.

Now for my indoor garden.


This is my red Amaryllis.  There is a second flower stalk coming up beside this one.


This is a pink one.  I didn't even realize that I had a pink one.  Soooo pretty!


And here are the tulips my DD brought me on my birthday last week.  They are still gorgeous.  I just love yellow tulips!

Hopefully I will be able to show you some outdoor spring flowers soon.  We had rain all day yesterday. Most of the snow and ice is gone.  My robins are back and my crocuses are blooming in front of my house. You can see them on my header.

See you at the Show!  Have a great quilty weekend!  I know I will!



2 comments:

Dolores said...

I was there this morning with my friend Marg. Lots to see and we did pick up some mason jars filled with scraps and I got some fat quarters that were also in the members boutique. Saw your quilt and took a pic. I will post the photos once the show is over.

Wacky Woman said...

Be sure and get pictures of your beautiful quilt hanging. I'm also working admissions at our quilt show in October.