Saturday, May 24, 2014

Switching my Quilt Addiction for a Plant Addiction

It's finally planting season.  I have been busy - digging, pulling weeds, moving things around and buying plants from the nursery.  I managed to get a couple of quilt blocks done, but not much else as far as sewing goes.

Last weekend my DH and I went for a walk in the woods.  I used some walking sticks - you know the kind that have spikes on the ends, much like ski poles - and I was able to get around without any problems. There were a few trilliums in the woods.  They were just beautiful.  I love seeing the trilliums,  When they are in bloom I know it's spring!


I also spotted a plant that I don't think I have ever seen before.  I think it is a Toothwort.  If you know this plant or know what it really is, please leave me a comment.  Thanks.


To all my friends south of the border, have a fantastic long weekend!  We had ours last weekend.  Drive carefully and stay safe.  The weather is just perfect here at the moment.  I am going back outside to plant a few more things.  Hopefully I will have time to do a bit of quilting next week.


3 comments:

Dolores said...

Well, at least you're keeping busy. I'm no gardener. I do have some trilliums in my backyard though and I bought a few annuals and tomato plants today.

Wacky Woman said...

I bet your garden is as beautiful as your quilts.

KaHolly said...

A Toothwort it is!! Good job!! There are so many beautiful flowers scattered along the forest floor in the springtime before the trees all leaf out.