Thursday, January 03, 2019

A Few Things I Have Been Working On

I wanted to make some Christmas presents.  But that didn't work out.  I got sick.  So nothing got finished.  Except this pillow case.  William loves it!



I have been doing a bit of knitting.  A few weeks ago I took Wheeltrans to go to the Scarborough Town Centre.  There was already someone else on the bus when I got on.  We started talking.  (It's what I do best.)   We discussed hobbies.  And she pulled a knitted hat out of her bag.  She said she had made over 400 of these in the past years.  She  donates them and they are well received.  These little hats use up all kinds of left over yarns, which I have lots of.  So I asked her for instructions and started to knit some hats while I was sick.  They were easy to do while watching television and in between taking a nap.  I have made 3 of them so far.  Each has been a learning experience and so far there is not even a dent in my scrap yarn bin.



Now that I am feeling better I will work on some of the Christmas presents I couldn't finish.  But I will use my evenings to knit more hats.


1 comment:

Vireya said...

I'm sorry to hear you have been unwell.

Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2019!