Monday, November 05, 2012

Hurricane Relief Quilts

They promised us sunshine today, but so far nothing.  It is cold and dark outside.  The temperature this morning was 0C.  That's windshield scraping weather.
I am spending my day sewing, baking and cooking.  Making bread sticks and simmering beef stew for dinner.  I have a lot of apples, so I might also bake an apple pie.  Also going to make some pizza dough in my bread maker for DD.  She wants to use up her left over cheese on some pizzas, so she will pick up the dough after school.

I made 4 disappearing 4-patch blocks for Erin over at My Patchwork Life.  She is collecting blocks which she will turn into quilts for victims of Hurricane Sandy.  I will mail them out tomorrow.



Today's NaBloPoMo prompt question is:

What are your thoughts about tomorrow's election in the US?
Since I cannot vote in their election it really doesn't matter who I want to win.  But many Canadians are leaning towards Obama.  I am sure he would win if the election was held in Canada.

Happy Sewing and keep warm!





5 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

Erin is going to be busy with all the blocks she is collecting. Quilters are very generous. BTW, I'm pretty sure Obama is going to win tomorrow. In California neither candidate even bother to campaigne. Obama is a definite here.

Simone de Klerk said...

Beautiful blocks! they will be cherished!
Here in the Netherlands the elections would be a very close race. That was the result of our last elections too, last September.

Monica said...

I expect Obama to win. The incumbent has to screw up pretty badly to not win a second term.

Beef stew, eh? Perfect for today!

em's scrapbag said...

I bet your house smells lovely.
As for the election. I will be glad to have it over.

Coloradolady said...

Your blocks are beautiful!! I love the green one the best!! As for the election..so glad it is almost over!!