Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Cat Quilt

Hi Folks!

If you have come to my blog to view my favourite quilt for the Bloggers Quilt Festival - Welcome! Please scroll down to Friday's post.

If you have just come to look around - Welcome also! I have a small quilt to show you. I finished it a few weeks ago, but I couldn't post about it because it was a present for my uncle who lives in Holland. Since he has now received it, I can show it. It is just a small quilt, made especially for his special cat! I used a lot of cat prints and some colourful fabrics to make it interesting.



Oscar loves the quilt. Don't you my boy?



"Meow! Yeah! KEWL! Can I keep it?"


"No, sorry Oscar. This one is not for you."


"Ah, please. Pretty please with sardines on it? I just want to nap on it. I won't hurt it. Ahhh, this feels so good!"


I know it is difficult for your little cat brain to understand this Oscar, but not all the quilts I make are for you. This one is for Whitey. Here is a photo of Whitey on his new quilt. My uncle put it on a table in front of a window, where Whitey likes to sit. I think he likes it! My goodness! Now that I look at the photo of Whitey I realize he looks a lot like you Oscar! You guys could be brothers!


I also made a couple of place mats for my uncle so that he wouldn't feel left out.




15 comments:

the dutch purple rabbit said...

ow cats,quilt,yarn,fur and lot of toy mouses. they can't go with out each other.

nynke

Opal said...

oh i adore that quilt! but then i'm sure you knew i would. ;)

Nanette Merrill said...

If the cat is around, as soon as I put a quilt on the floor to gaze it the progress (or finish) the cat will run up and lay down. Almost like it is an invite!

Pat said...

I love this cat quilt...and it looks like it was a hit in your home as well as in Holland!

Unknown said...

What is it about cats and our quilts? I am literally amazed at how Thomas thinks he must love all my work!

Wonderful cat quilt and I loved your placemats too! :)

The Calico Cat said...

So cute - I think my cats think that they own all of my quilts!

I recognize quite a few of those cat prints, but the one in the lower right looks "new to me." Is that a paisley in the background?

Oiyi said...

It's an adorable quilt.

Millie said...

Millie is the same way with all of my quilts! This is just darling.

Librarynan said...

Sweet quilt, Hetty... I'm glad Oscar liked it, too - but he's got lots of others he can use, I'm sure! Nice of you to do the placemats for your Uncle as well.

Rhonda said...

What a wonderful quilt and kitty seem to approve as well.....LOL

Jennifer Ofenstein said...

A quilt wouldn't be a quilt without cat approval!

*karendianne. said...

Very cute, cute, cute quilt and I love the photo of Oscar sleeping on it. How neat you have an Uncle with a look-a-like Oscar-cat. :)

Vicki said...

Such a wonderful cat quilt. I like your design, it's nice way to showcase the cat prints.

Ranke said...

This is a beautiful quilt for Whitey but Oscar says clearly he wants one too. Why don't you make one specially for him so he will stop using all your other quilts to sit on.
And not to forget Mimi. She wants one too.
What is it with cats that they love quilts so much?

Jeannette said...

Stunning...hope the chili stays in the bowl!