Saturday, April 04, 2009

Hetty's Star

Here is my version of this week's Friday Block Party Block. It is called, "Cathy's Star". I changed it a little in the bottom right hand corner, because I didn't think the yellow star points showed up enough. I put dark blue around them. It sort of changed the whole look of the block, but I still like it. I doubt, however, that I would ever make another one of these. What I might try (some day) is to put only one star within the large star - leaving that yellow one out all together. I think it would work, don't you?


10 comments:

Unknown said...

Really Cute Hetty! I am still cutting out right now, but I love your block!

Chris Daly said...

I have not seen this block before. very interesting

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

That is truly amazing. I just love it!!

Librarynan said...

This one was hard... but then MOST of the blocks seem hard to me - just need to practice more, I thinktee hee. Nice colors.

Reddirt Woman said...

I like the two star idea. I like the subtlety of it. Doesn't seem as busy. Good idea and good job on that beautiful design.

Helen

LizzieJane said...

Just lovely, I think stars are my favorite.
x

*karendianne. said...

I've eyed and spied this block and wondered about it because I really like it. Was it hard to make or is it kind of an eye-sore for you?

Eileen said...

Wow. First off.. I love the crocuses in your header!
This truly is a very interesting block. I like it!

Oiyi said...

I really like this block.

dutchcomfort said...

I love star blocks! Never seen this block before!