Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Finished Flimsy of Sorts

Been working on UFOs this week.  I managed to sew the sashing on this quilt top even though my machine is not behaving.  I still want to put a border around it, but I think that will have to wait until I get my machine serviced.  I don't want to do more damage than has already been done.  So now I have an UUFO (an Unfinished Un Finished Object.)

Sorry about the bad picture.  I wanted to take the photo outside, but it is so windy that I am sure my quilt top would have ended up in my neighbour's yard.  So put it sideways on my back stairs.  I'll have a better photo to show you when it is all done.

Lucky for me I have my DD's sewing machine at my house.  She was having problems with it, so I said I would take a look at it.  I am hoping there is nothing wrong with it.  Maybe just some beginner issues that my DD may have had.  If it works I can continue to sew!  If not, I will do some handwork.  Still have lots of hexies to finish.  At any rate, I'll continue to sew.


12 comments:

Terry said...

It looks wonderful! :0)

Wacky Woman said...

Is that the Great Granny Square? Love it. I managed to get one quilt top finished this week.

dutchcomfort said...

Looking wonderful Hetty!!

Barb said...

Wonderful quilt...

I hate it when my machine misbehaves...sometimes they just need a time out or go to the principal's office.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I really like this quilt. It has to be more fun than all white hexies. I'm sure the hexie quilt will be wonderful when you get it done though.

Manuela said...

It's so beautiful.
Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog.

Best wishes Manuela

Jossie said...

That is a pretty top. Really love the colours and it looks so fresh.
Hope your machine will be cured soon. Have a lovely week end!

em's scrapbag said...

Oh I really like this one! Good job!

Rose Marie said...

Love your version and I have been itching to get started on one of these quilts too.

Grit said...

Fantastic.
I love this quilt.
And I love your Hexagonwork from older Post`s . I`m looking forward to see more.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Simone de Klerk said...

I'm wondering if this quilt needs a border. Looks lovely the way it is.

Yarny Days said...

Wow. That is gorgeous! So big. Wow.