Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Flowers on Wednesday and Other Things

On Monday I went over to my DD's school to help her out with some things she was doing with her class.  When I arrived at the school a whole gaggle of geese greeted me.  The playing field was covered in them.



I could only think of the droppings that would mess up the field.  I was happy when they left a few hours later.

I supervised the making of individual pizzas and then in the afternoon I helped DD with her art lesson.  I really enjoyed myself, but boy! was I tired by the end of the day.





I am proud to show you the centre of my latest hexie quilt.  I have been working on this all summer.  Hexies are a great handwork project for the summer.  They travel well and don't make things too hot.  See all those white hexies?  They were very boring.  I would much prefer making the flowers.


This week I finished one more flower unit.  These will go around the centre.  I have a few more to make, but I have a good start on them.

And last, but certainly not least, is a photo of Mimi.  She is feeling a lot better now that she is on the reduced protein diet and the kidney medication.  Her fur is healthier and doesn't come out in clumps any longer.  I am happy!











7 comments:

Wacky Woman said...

I love, love, love your hexie center. Beautiful. How interesting about Mimi's diet. Cats are natural carnivores. Who would think? I am leaving today for my Autralia trip. :-)

Anonymous said...

Rinie said...

Nice all these geese.
And don't you work so hard!
Glad about Mimi.
What kind of kidney medication do you have for Mimi?
My cat Gabie,has the reduced protein for the kidneys but no medication.

Makke

Simone de Klerk said...

Great to be able to help dd. Must be so much fun. And what a beautiful hexie flower basket. So much patience for so mahny white ones.
Glad mimi is doing so much better and that she actually takes her meds.

Manuela said...

Your hexie flower basket is so beautiful.

Best wishes Manuela

Grit said...

I love your Hexagonbasket.
And your white cat.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Barb said...

Your hexies are just adorable and the way you have made them into flowers is just awesome!

Oiyi said...

Wow! That hexie quilt is going to be amazing.