Wednesday, March 27, 2013

About Hand Applique and Groundhogs

The next block in Eleanor Burn's 'Applique in a Day' is done.  She should have called her pattern 'Applique in a Week', because that is how long this one has taken me.  I changed several things in this block, sorry Eleanor.  It's called 'Spring Flowers'.  So where is spring?


A quilty friend sent me this picture this morning.  So cute!  Wiarton Willy predicted an early spring this year, but so far it still seems like winter.  Still lots of snow around, especially on the north side of homes and buildings where the sun 'don't shine'.  I have not seen a robin yet.  Guess they don't listen to groundhogs.  


Robins are smart.  People are... well, you figure it out.  Who in their right mind would listen to a rodent?  But as long as it is still cold outside, I can work on my quilting indoors.  So all is not too bad.





8 comments:

Terry said...

I love the groundhog picture! They always lie! LOL

Monica said...

We've actually had lots of robins here. We keep a little heater in our birdbath so it is open water all year, and the robins have visited several times. You'll probably see one any minute now that you've mentioned them!

KaHolly said...

:)

Barb said...

Oh.... I just love your hand applique!!

Deb said...

Hetty the robins are singing as I go to work in the morning I saw one across the road head tilted you know what they are listening for...not to worry they are coming.
Your applique will bring if the weather doesn`t it is a sure sign of spring. lovely work!

em's scrapbag said...

Your block is lovely. We had a sunny day today and it was wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Love your block and the groundhog!
And I have lots of birds, yes, also the robin.

Makke.

Wacky Woman said...

Silly people. Love your spring flower applique.