Monday, March 11, 2013

What's on my Design Wall

We have rain today and it is dark and gloomy.  But yesterday the weather was spring-like perfect!  The temperature went up to 13C and the sun was shining for most of the day.  My DH and I went for a walk down by Lake Ontario in Bluffers Park.  We couldn't have asked for a nicer day.

Looking south east from a bench on the shore.















Looking south west from the same
bench.












There were lots of ducks, geese and swans in the lake.  Even though there were signs everywhere to NOT feed the birds, people had brought whole loaves of bread and were busy throwing chunks of it into the water.  That always bothers me, but yesterday the weather was just too nice to get upset. There were 5 swans swimming around.  This is one of them.


So because there is not much else to do this morning, I am working at cleaning up my sewing room.  I had cut out and prepped the pieces for a couple of applique blocks.  I put the pieces neatly into little plastic baggies, but now they are playing a game of hide and seek with me.  I hope to find them as I tidy up.

So what's on my design wall?  These blue and red blocks that I was working on last year.  I only need a few more to make a lap quilt.  That is as many blocks as I think I want to make.  They will each finish at 4 1/2 inches square.  I have added lots more blue fabric to my stash since I started this, so I won't have any problem finishing it.  And I am hoping this will, indeed, be a finish for this month.


Mimi is helping me in her usual sleepy way.  I tried to wake her up for a photo, but she would have nothing of that.


"Meow!  I need my beauty sleep"

I disagree with her.  She is already beautiful enough!

4 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Mimi is gorgeous as she is! You enjoyed some lovely weather, we are back to very cold and frosty Winter days. Brrrr, I need sunshine and flowers!
Those blue and red blocks look wonderful!

Dolores said...

Yes, it was a great day yesterday. I spent the afternoon with two of my daughters and we walked a lot - after getting our hair done and having a bite to eat. When I I got home, I took my husband on a walk around the block - it's a big block.
Your red and blue quilt looks like denim.

Wacky Woman said...

I just got back from a mini retreat in Hanford, California. Hanford is cow country, very different from your Spring. I see Mimi is enjoying her crocheted bed. And, I love your blue quilt.

Anonymous said...

Mimi looks just as beautiful as the swan!!
And the red and blue colours are outstanding!i