Sunday, September 13, 2009

Block Party Block - Week 37

This is the block for week 37 of the Friday Block Party. It is called, "Hope of Hartford", and dates back to around 1945. It's a very easy block to make.

I got excited when I saw it on the Block Party. That little central square seemed like a perfect place to do some fussy cutting of a kids focus fabric. But halfway through the construction of this block I remembered that this is a 10-inch block and all of my 10-inch blocks have been done in batiks. I have used novelty fabrics for my 9-inch blocks. Duh!

So I make another block. This time in batiks. I like them both.



8 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

Such a sweet block with the monkey! And the batik is gorgeous too!

the dutch purple rabbit said...

o there a both very lovely. the jungle theme can be made in a quilt. just a couple of boarders and you're a finish.

nynke

*karendianne. said...

I love Friday Block Party!!!

This is a really neat block and I thought it was just too cute how you "remembered" about the center so you did up two blocks. That's always a cool thing, too. It isn't the first time you've made up two blocks for various reasons & I like it extra. Extra because it's nice to see the block in various colorways. Dig it!

Pat said...

I like both of them a lot!!! Thanks for taking the time to show us the two photos.

Barb said...

I like them both too...

LizzieJane said...

I love that sweet little monkey! Your blocks are just wonderful and I like them both very much.
x

em's scrapbag said...

Both blocks are nice but I just love the monkey!

Oiyi said...

These blocks look great, very tropical.