Monday, September 07, 2009

Some Bag Patterns and a Block

OMG! Look what I found. I know I already posted something for today, but I just had to tell you about this! It's a site with free instructions and tutorials for making bags. Lots of different bags. It's fantastic! I love this. Go take a look. I have put the link on my sidebar.

I found it on Barb's blog. I have been looking for bag patterns for a long time. Now I have more than I can handle! I always knew I was meant to be a bag lady!

I also finished this week's Block Party block. It's an 8inch block called, Double Quartet. I love this pattern. It was quick and easy and took me all of half an hour from start to finish, including taking a photo! I used scraps from my scrap bin as well as some background fabric from my stash. I think I might make another of these, except in a 12 inch block.

6 comments:

Pat said...

Love your block. It's nice to find free patterns online, isn't it??

Unknown said...

Cute block, Hetty. I am always a fan of purple!!

Thanks for the bag link...you know I am such a bag lady.

Donna said...

the bag site is great - except I found myself making more abgs than I truly had use for when I first found it! :-)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That's a great block. I just made that one!

LizzieJane said...

It is a beautiful block Hetty. Thank you so much for that wonderful link. I have never seen so many free bag patterns in one place before. I think I will be in my sewing room for days on end!
x

Barb said...

I found a bag that I had constructed myself, drew the measurents, used a ice cream toppper for the ends and all I had to do was look on her blog for it??? didn't know about her blog then....oh well....it is wonderful!!