Sunday, October 05, 2014

An Early Thanksgiving

I decided to cook a turkey dinner today.  We have no idea when the baby will arrive and we wanted to get together for a Thanksgiving meal as a family before that happens.  Turkey, gravy, potatoes, salad, green beans, corn-on-the-cob, stuffing, cranberry sauce and apple cider.  Yummmm!


photo for October 5, 2014

I had to bring my tropical plants inside yesterday.  The temperature went down to 3C (37F) last night. I noticed a beautiful white blossom in one of my big outdoor pots.  On closer examination I discovered that it was a climbing sweet potato flower.  It looks like a gigantic morning glory.


That's because they are in the same family.  Here are some little blue morning glories.


Even with the temperatures going down so low, there are still some very pretty flowers in my garden.

4 comments:

Barb said...

YUMMY!!!

Always love your flowers

Mary K said...

You have beautiful flowers. Every time you post about them, I take notice of the ones around me. Thanks. (yummy turkey)

Wacky Woman said...

What a good idea Hetty. I love turkey. We have to wait until November. Sigh...

barbara woods said...

i'll be right there!