Saturday, July 07, 2007

Maggie's Quilt

Last weekend, a friend of mine phoned to tell me that her son and daughter-in-law are planning a visit. They are bringing their brand new baby to see her! She was very excited and told me that she was thinking of inviting some friends and having a sort of introduction/shower for the tiny two-month old. She asked me if I could come. Wow! How great is that? I'd love to! I felt honoured!
As soon as I hung up the phone I started thinking about making a baby quilt. After all, I had a week, right? Wrong! I got confused with the long weekend. It was Monday night and I suddenly realized that I would only have 4 days!! I rifled through my stash. Took out all the pretty baby colours I could find. I needed a quick and easy pattern. Could I do it?
Well, I decided to give it my best! The pattern I chose is my own. I have made several quilts using variations based on this pattern. The fabrics went together well. I pieced the top by machine in just two days. Then I sandwiched and quilted it, again by machine, the next day. The binding and hand sewing took a few more hours! But then it was done - with lots of time to spare! It is very bright. The kind of quilt I think a baby would like! And I am happy with the way it turned out!

No comments: