Friday, October 23, 2009

A Gray, Cloudy, Rainy Day

I'm feeling kind of down today. Guess I can blame it on the weather! That's always a good excuse. I am glad that many of you liked my little quiz from yesterday. I'm a sucker for things like that. I always have to do the crossword puzzles, word searches and Sodukos when I buy a newspaper. I get very upset if someone has already done them or has taken them out.

I have spent the last couple of hours cleaning up my workshop and working on this week's Friday Block Party block. It is called, 'Blindman's Fancy'. I just can't seem to make it work. Most of the pieces are cut to 1/8in. measurements. The centre is supposed to be 3 11/16in. What kind of a crazy size is that? Am I supposed to put this thing together? Actually the answer is 'no', I don't have to do any of the Friday Block Party blocks if I don't want to. But I just can't help myself. I will get this one right even if it drives me totally nuts.

I thought I'd give you a few scrambled words today. They are all quilt-related, so give them a try, while I go back to my sewing room and see if I can make myself go blind! Or crazy, whatever comes first.

1. RYCZA LQTUSI

2. KATWORPHC

3. LCAOIC

4. GLFYIN SEGEE

5. GEWSIN

6. TSRPI CIIGEPN

7. LACDETHAR SOIWWND

8. GUINIQTL EBE

9. NOINENDAIS SBTAIK

10. DOLCABHTRO

I really should be working on this little quilt. I found it in my UFO bin. I started it several years ago and put it away just like this, almost done! It's based on a pattern I bought at a LQS. The designer is a member of our Guild. It's called 'Goodnight Moon' and is based on the book by the same name.
Can you see those safety pins in the border? That area is about all I still have to quilt. I have even put the binding on already. As you can see by the tail in the upper left-hand corner, Felix has given his approval, so I think I will finish it up today. That is if I haven't gone totally blind from doing the quilter's cache block! Here is a close-up of little bear. How cute is that?

5 comments:

*karendianne. said...

I'm bummed to hear your down today but your "voice" still managed to get a giggle out of me. Any measurement at 11/16" is a size to make me a crazed lunatic and I'd be working it as well. Just because!

Nice to see Felix. hee!

Barb said...

That quilt is soooooooooooooooo cute!! Hope you get "up"....

Vicki said...

Well I think I'm going to be passing on a block that asks you to measure something at 11/16". Are they nuts!!!!! I just don't see how you can accurately measure, cut and sew fabric with those kinds of measurements. It's like the pattern for the Christmas quilt I'm working on at the moment. The original pattern was weird like that. I liked the design and desided to redo the sizing to make it work in more sane measurements.

Sorry but today was crazy at work and my brain is fried. I looked at your word puzzles and the brain just went numb.

Reddirt Woman said...

1. Crazy quilts
2. Patchwork
3. Calico
4. Flying Geese
5. sewing
6. Strip piecing
7. Cathedral windows
8. Quilting bee
9. ??? Batiks
10.???

That's the best I can do, Hetty, after doing all this moving and my brain is wiped out, but I love word games so I enjoyed trying to do all of these.

And that little bear is sooo cute.

Helen

LizzieJane said...

Got some of them.
1. Crazy Quilts
2.?
3. Calico
4. Flying geese
5. Sewing
6. Strip ?
7. ? Windows
8. Quilting Bee
9. Indonesian Batik
10. ?

That's all I can come up with. Fun game Hetty.
x