Saturday, October 24, 2009

Well Fancy That!

This is my block for this week's Friday Block Party. I told you about it yesterday. This one was driving me crazy! Why they call it 'Blindman's Fancy' I'll never know! Perhaps it would have gone together better if I had done it with my eyes closed. I ended up drawing the block on graph paper and turning it into a paper pieced one. It took me a long time to finish and I think it is probably my first and last.


Still, I really like the way it turned out.
Here are the answers to the first quiz.
1. A German Dish - Dresdan Plate
2. Pioneer House - Log Cabin
3. Ape's Plumbing Tool - Monkey Wrench
4. "Scat you bug!" - Shoofly
5. Judicial Stairway - Courthouse Steps
6. Sailor's Navigational Device - Mariner's Compass
7. A Global Journey - Trip Around the World
8. Trail of an Inebriate - Drunkard's Path
9. Cracked Crockery - Broken Dishes
19. And Educational Meeting Place - Schoolhouse
11. Butter-makers Race - Churndash
12. Smokey's Foot - Bear Paw
And here are the answers to the scrambled word quiz.
1. Crazy Quilts
2. Patchwork
3. Calico
4. Flying Geese
5. Sewing
6. Strip Piecing
7. Cathedral Windows
8. Quilting Bee
9. Indonesian Batik
10. Broadcloth
Today is day 24 of Blogtoberfest. See you tomorrow!

4 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Hetty, what a beautiful block!

Pat said...

Oh....DUH...how did we NOT get Dresden plate on the quiz?? GEESH..... I like this block you made but sorry it gave you such trouble!

Barb said...

I can see why it would cause you grief...glad you got it done...looks good.

Eileen said...

You did a good job on the block.. clever girl resorting to paper piecing. maybe whoever invented it thought it looked like a blind person put it together. But yours is very nice.