Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Christmas Quilt Show



Are you ready for another virtual quilt show? I wasn't going to enter this year because I have nothing new to show you. But I do have several Christmas items that I think are very nice.





Here they are.

I made this tree skirt a long time ago. The applique was done by machine. The quilting also. This skirt resides at my DD's house.

Next is my 'Quilt-As-You-Go' quilt. I know it's not very Christmasy being blue and all. But the blue fabric has Christmas Bears on it, so I think it should count as a Christmas quilt.

The next quilt is one of my favourites. It gets to stay on the couch all through Christmas and well into the new year. The trees are machine appliqued. As you can see, Mimi likes it too!


And last is an appliqued Santa. This one also resides at my DD's house over Christmas. He hangs in her vestibule to greet everyone who comes to her house during the holiday season.



If you want to see more Christmas Quilts, go to Sew Cal Gal's blog.



22 comments:

Simone de Klerk said...

Mmm some lovely christmas quilts will be decorating your home! I especially like the Santa appliqué!

dutchcomfort said...

Each and every of your Christmas projects look adorable!

Wacky Woman said...

Wonderful quilts there Hetty, each and every one. I've been following SewCalGal's show. It is so fun.

Linda in Calif. said...

They are so lovely! I'm new to the show this year - so if you showed something twice I wouldn't have known. Thanks for sharing!

Teresa F. said...

All your quilts are beautiful. I love the Santa.

Carol said...

Very pretty quilts. The santa is adorable.

Lisa at Sun Naturals said...

Lovely quilts! I love how Santa's reindeer circle around the center of the tree skirt. And the Santa wall hanging would make me smile even after the worst day! Very cute...thank you for sharing :-)

hakucho said...

Everything is lovely. I especially like your tree skirt. There is nothing nicer than a handmade tree skirt and yours is really intricate! Back when I was in high school I hooked a tree skirt and have used it every Christmas since. It does become a tradition! Glad your daughter includes your beautiful handiwork in her Christmas traditions :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love all of these, the tree skirt reminds me I need to make a new one.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Lois said...

Hi. These are all really nice and the Santa would be my favorite. He is just too cuddly and cute. Great job. Love Lois

Nanbon44 said...

your quilts are wonderful, thank you for sharing..

Joanna said...

I'm with Mimi. All of your entries are beautiful. The Santa wall hanging is too cute.

Paula said...

Ohh how sweet is that Santa, he is just adorable, and you did such a great job on the blanket stitching. Good Jog.
You need to enter this little cutie in my sewing challenge blog here at, Paula's Sewing Challenges, and you could win a little something, something.

Anonymous said...

You are such a talented quilter. I can't get over how cute that little santa is.

Jossie said...

Your quilts are lovely. I must admit that I love blue for Christmas. I really should finish my Christmas quilt.
The little Santa quilt is so cute.

Quiltbenaco said...

Il pannello con il babbo è molto simpatico ma anche le altre sono bellissime
Grazie
Ciao Domenica

Karen said...

Hi hetty.
This is a lovely collection of Christmas quilts. I have blue Christmas quilts,too, and they remind me of ice and snow.

Teresa said...

What beautiful quilts, all of them. I have a weakness for string quilts & happy Santas!!

Oiyi said...

I love them all! Glad you are participating.

Nancy Sue said...

Wow! You have been busy! Thank you for sharing these with us. Love the tree skirt, but looks like Mimi has a different favorite in mind!

Pat said...

Very festive quilts! I love applique!

Kim said...

Love your quilts. They are very pretty.