Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Tuesdays

Did everyone have enough candy to eat yesterday? I had more than I needed. There were only a few kids who came 'trick-or-treating' at my house on Hallowe'en. It was too cold out. So I had lots of chocolate bars left over. I spent most of yesterday sneaking a piece of chocolate many pieces of chocolate!

Then this morning I went to our mini quilt group and someone had a birthday, her 80th. Here she is with tears in her eyes as she tried to compose herself enough to blow out the candles. The cake was delicious, by the way. (more sugar)
I also want to show you what arrived in the mail. I joined a fat quarter club at Sew Sisters. Only $17.99 per month for 10 fat quarters and no charge for postage. This month's fabrics are coffee related. I think I will make a wall hanging for the kitchen. Can't live without coffee. At least it's fabric and not sugar!

This afternoon I felt kind of tired. (Duh!) I think it's from eating too much sugar! So I worked on some little log cabin blocks made with left-overs. These measure 5 inches square. I have no idea what I will do with them. They are just a great way to use up scraps and keep me busy. (and out of the candy jar!)




5 comments:

Oiyi said...

I wish I liked the other candies better than the chocolate ones. But sadly no. I have been trying not to sneak a piece of chocolate from Melody's Halloween loot. I only ate 2 pieces today so that was better than yesterday. :-)

Wacky Woman said...

Chocolate is now considered a health food for the heart, Hetty. I think fat quarters are food for the soul.

Barb said...

Oh...a little chocolate ain't never hurt nobody (like the double negatives)...

Vicki said...

Chocolate and fabric, what would the world be like without these 2 essentials LOL!

Simone de Klerk said...

Lovely FQs! could you give me the link to the shop?