Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's Beginning to....Christmas

Oh, heck! Who am I kidding? Of course Christmas is coming. There are signs of the holiday season everywhere. The Santa Claus parade is scheduled for this afternoon. We even had a bit of snow earlier today. It is gone now - just a little reminder by Mother Nature of what is in store for us! The radio is playing Christmas tunes and I worked on the charity quilt. I had originally thought that I would applique a snowman here, but then changed my mind and came up with this little bear. I still have to quilt this cutie, but I have to wait for the batting to relax before I can sandwich it. I'll do that tomorrow.

We are going out for a family dinner at our fishing club this evening. The club is about an hour's drive through rolling, hilly countryside. The fields will likely be covered in snow. It really feels like we are getting together for a Christmas dinner. I wonder why that is?

6 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

I always love the Christmas preparations. Even better than the Christmas days themselves!

We first have our Sinterklaasavond. In respect for this old men we only start decorating when he has left for Spain again...LOL!

Wacky Woman said...

Adorable Hetty. Enjoy your dinner.

Barb said...

What a darling quilt...

No signs of Christmas here on the island but I am sure come the 28th...it will be everywhere.

Latane Barton said...

Hetty, that is one cute bear. Hope he doesn't drop those trees!!

Yep, we are getting signs of Christmas too but it was warm enough for me to go out and do a tad of yard work this morning in my knit shirt. Oh well, winter will get here soon.

em's scrapbag said...

I did a little ho hoing today. And we have a few inches of snow right now with more in the forcast.
Your bear is adorable.

Oiyi said...

That is indeed a cutie! Can't wait to see it finished.