Saturday, November 06, 2010

Tooth Fairies and Chinese Coins

Thank you to everyone who wished me well yesterday. It was an awful day I never want to have to repeat it. I still have a headache and some low grade pain in my face, but the worst is over. Now I just have to come to the emotional terms of dealing with a lost tooth.

So I had to smile when I opened Emily's blog this morning. She had made some Matyroshka dolls with a pocket to hold a tooth for the tooth fairy. She even had a link to a tutorial, here.
These are so cute. I didn't follow the instructions too well, so I will keep these two for myself, sort of as a prototype. But I will make some more. They are so much fun! For the next ones, I will embroider the face before I sew it to the doll and I will sew it to the doll before I sew the back and front together. The one on the left has a pocket to hold the tooth. Too bad I didn't have my tooth any more. I could have hit the tooth fairy for an ipod or something. Well, I can dream, can't I? I think these would be great for Christmas!


I did not sleep well last night. I guess that was because I napped the whole of yesterday away. So I got up around midnight and started sorting the scraps that Vicki had brought me. I discovered that a lot of them were 2 1/2 inches wide. I thought they would be perfect for a Chinese Coin quilt. I have never made one, but always wanted to. So here is my first row of coins. The colours are fantastic!


So it seems that my post is money related. Tooth fairy pillows and Chinese Coin quilts. Perhaps I am going to come into some money. Do you think I should buy a lottery ticket?

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yes a lottery ticket seems like a good bet! Have fun with those scraps. I've never done a Chinese Coin quilt either and I have been thinking about doing one lately, well it's on my list anyway, LOL!

Reddirt Woman said...

Glad you are feeling better and I'd definitely buy a lottery ticket. I'm going to have to go google Chinese Coin quilts now. I don't think I've ever seen one... I'll look forward to what you come up with with all those beautiful new scraps... and did the tooth fairy come to visit you?

Helen

Rinie said...

Never mind that tooth, I have none, you still have a lot left. Enjoy them.
Absolutely buy that ticket. I got a quick pick on the spur of the moment and got 10 dollar back.