Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Flimsy Finish and a Call for Christmas Charity Quilts

Just a reminder that SewCalGal's Christmas Quilt Show only runs until tomorrow. You can still enter. If you dropped by my blog to see my Christmas Quilt entries, please scroll down a couple of posts. Thanks.

If you came by to see what I have been up then let me show off my Charm and Scrap Quilt flimsy. I used up a lot of scraps on this one. But I have enough scraps to make several more. Felix helped me with this one too. Here he is trying to get under the top.


Here is another photo of the quilt top, including the 'lump'. This was fun to make. I hope to have it quilted as soon as possible. But first I want to take care of some Christmas charity stuff.
This is a photo of a kit I was given at my guild. It is supposed to make a child's quilt. The red fabric is for the centre of the quilt... just a plain red fabric. I thought it would be boring, so I plan to do an appliqued snowman in the centre. I have until Monday evening to finish this one. Then it will be given to Quilts from the Heart.


I have joined this group in their quest to make 100 quilts for charity. It has been organized by Aunt Spicy and Swim,Bike,Quilt.
Go over and take a look. Maybe you have a quilt lying around or scraps that you could make one out of. It's for a good cause!


2 comments:

Barb said...

What a fun quilt you made. You have such a kind heart...what you are doing is awesome.

I can't wait to come back and do some of those quilts where they give you the kit and you make them.....just awesome!

Wacky Woman said...

Nice scrappy quilt. I love, love it Hetty. And, Felix looks pretty happy about it.