Friday, November 05, 2010

Just One Square to Share

It rained today. The sun never came out. It was dark and gloomy. I thought it was because I had to go to the dentist, but no, it was just awful out.

I did a lot of napping. Oscar shared my bed. I slept from the time I got home from the dentist until Vicki from Felines and Fibre Arts phoned me. She wanted to come over to bring me some of her fabric scraps.

Well, that got me up in a hurry. I can never resist some more scraps! She brought me two bags full of them. I couldn't wait to go into my sewing room after she left, to see what was in those bags. It was so much fun! By the time I had looked them over and put them back into the bags, there seemed to be an extra bag. How did that happen? I think those scraps were starting to multiply already!

So I sewed one 5 inch log cabin square. That's all I could manage. I had to have my tooth extracted. It was just hanging by a thread. The dentist didn't think a root canal and a cap would work. So he pulled it. And now I have a hole in my mouth and a throbbing pain in my face. I will have to have a bridge put in later. That's if I ever go back to the dentist again!

7 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

...if you ever go back to the dentist again... oh poor you! I hope making those lovely scrappy blocks will releave you from the pain in your face!

Barb said...

I hate hate hate the dentis....glad you survived it tho. Yes, I have a nice gold bridge in the back of my mouth, you can only see it when I laugh or you are looking at me sideways...they say gold is stronger.

Anways....what fun to get new scraps and I do sware they scrap breed.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It's amazing how a bag of scraps can brighten our day!

Simone de Klerk said...

Tooth ache + dentist = no fun!
Hope you are having less pain! Luckily those multiplied scraps were able to distract you!

Vicki said...

Enjoy the scraps Hetty and hopefully today you will be in less pain. Give the kitties a pet from me since they were all snoozing when I came over yesterday, doing what kitties do best :-).

the dutch purple rabbit said...

he

come one let the dentist don't win by scaring everyone away.
but i know how you feel. in jan 2011 i have too go too the hospital for 2 teeth.

nynke

Rinie said...

Ok you lost one tooth, it is not the end of the world. I know it is painful but that will go away and you have a lot of them left and a beautiful bag of scraps which appeared to multiply. (No, sorry, teeth don't do that).