Monday, November 29, 2010

Quilts, Cookies and Graffiti

If you stopped by to see the first charity quilt I made for the very worthy cause of 100 Quilts for Christmas. Go here. That way you don't have to sift through all my ramblings of the past few days.

Did I say sift? I think the cookies are getting to me. I am still baking.
I still have a few to make.



In the meantime I am working on my second charity quilt for 100 Quilts for Christmas. Here it is on my design floor. I caught Mimi messing up my blocks. She ran away when I saw her, but it really doesn't matter. This is not the final layout. I was just checking to see if I have enough of the background fabric. It looks like if might have to piece the final block. Yikes! That's cutting it close!
Someone sent me a Facebook invitation the other day. I have always told myself not to get involved with Facebook. I don't want to be tied down to my computer. But, guess what? I joined. It's like being a kid again. "Someone wants to be your friend". Yeah, well, only if they come over here and help me bake cookies! "Someone has written on your wall." How dare they? I don't want graffiti all over my walls!

I still have a lot of stuff to figure out on this site. So far I have not posted much. And I probably won't any time soon. Maybe after the New Year. But then, if the writing is on the wall.........

3 comments:

Pat said...

I only reluctantly went to Facebook, too. I don't do any of the games there...just use it to keep in touch with friends and I have gotten reacquainted with some folks with whom I'd lost touch over the years...so that part of it is nice, actually. Your Christmas charity quilt is looking good. Funny how Mimi always tries to help you, isn't it? LOL

Vicki said...

Great work on the charity quilt despite Mimi's help LOL.

As for Facebook, I too reluctantly joined up this year when a friend wanted to show me her quilts but didn't have a blog. I now use Facebook to keep in touch with various quilt related sites.

Also as Pat mentioned stay away from the games, they are only their to get your info and/or to try and worm their way into getting info from your computer. Also limit what info anyone can see.

Wacky Woman said...

Such a great thing to make quilts for charity. I love Facebook. It is how all my kids and grandkids share photos these days.