Sunday, November 28, 2010

Cookie Day

I have been busy baking cookies! These are the maple ones. The recipe came from a 'Better Homes and Gardens Christmas Cookies' magazine from the fall of 1998. I hand painted the icing onto them with a wooden skewer. Half of the cookies are done. Still another 40 or so to make. I had to send my husband out for more butter this afternoon so that I can finish them tonight. He went over to visit a friend who is in a nursing home. Good thing he left. He was eating them faster than I could bake them!

Let me just tell you that it was a lot of fun, but not necessarily easy to paint all these pretty colours. How does Mother Nature do it? She has a gazillion trillion or some such infinitive number of leaves to colour each fall. I have a renewed respect for that woman!



7 comments:

Pat said...

Those look wonderful, Hetty...wish I was close enough to sample one of them! I can understand why your hubby was eating them...I just know they must taste so yummy!

Wacky Woman said...

Oh My Gosh, those are gorgeous!

Vicki said...

For someone who isn't a real fan of cookie making you certainly have out done yourself. Those are amazing. Congratulations on a job well done!!!

dutchcomfort said...

They look amazing and too beautiful to eat!

em's scrapbag said...

These cookies look great! I love how you did the frosting.

the dutch purple rabbit said...

nom nom nom cookymonster nom nom

hakucho said...

Your cookies look too beautiful to eat, but I bet they are delicious just the same :)